HMC’s environmental consciousness was an integral part of our culture long before green was a buzzword or it was considered a component of social responsibility awareness.
Our stewardship of the environment as long been reflected in the way we choose to run our business.
- Our raw materials are >99.5% recycled and Made in the USA
- We use water soluble versus petroleum coolants
- Reverse Osmosis for water purification to prolong the efficacy of our water based coolants.
- Evaporators for maximum coolant recovery and reduced waste impact
- We re-sharpen and reuse recycle tooling to maximize useful life while minimizing scrap/discarded materials
- We sort and compact our metal chips into puck form:
- Reclaiming coolant,
- Reducing scrap footprint,
- Reducing storage requirements
- We practice 5S, workplace organization methodology
- Straighten or set in order/stabilize
- Sweep /shine/clean
- Sustain the discipline
- We endorse and are paperless throughout our offices where doing so can be replaced by electronic traffic
- We compact and bale our waste cardboard and packaging materials
- We use new technology waterless urinals to better manage our precious water resource
- We rely on Rock Sumps to collect, mitigate, and control surface water runoff.